SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#14]
#11 ( EN_L2_045 )
#12 ( EN_L2_046 )
#13 ( EN_L2_047 )
#15 ( EN_L2_049 )
#16 ( EN_L2_MOD )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. The National Air and Space Museum is …
a) the museum with the most exhibits
b) the most often visited museum
c) the biggest museum in the world
2. An American journalist gave B-17 its popular name because of …
a) its size and weight
b) its weapons
c) its tonnage
3. The reason why Boeing lost the contract for a new bomber was …
a) the very high price of the B-17
b) the tragic accident of the B-17
c) the limited potential of the B-17
4. The crews mostly valued the Flying Fortress for being …
a) safe and reliable on missions
b) able to reach high altitudes
c) maneuverable and easy to fly
5. During the Second World War women for the first time …
a) worked in airplane factories
b) were able to pilot bombers
c) could repair military aircraft
6. In Korea and Vietnam the B-17s were used as …
a) pilotless war machines
b) search-and-rescue planes
c) reconnaissance aircraft
7. The last B-17 airplanes were produced in …
b) the USA
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. The British STTT has been working with Ukrainian soldiers for … (how long?)
9. The course schedules and methods are designed to match …
10. In the last 12 months the British Army have trained about …
11. First the instructors watch the Ukrainians perform and then they show them …
12. The Royal Army Medical Corps were delivering courses to …
13. The training in Ukraine is a chance for the STTT personnel to become …
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. Peter Weinberger came from a rich family.
15. After reading the note Mrs Weinberger called the police.
16. The parents asked a newspaper to publish their son’s photo.
17. Two years earlier LaMarca had been arrested for a kidnapping attempt.
18. At the police station LaMarca said that he had kidnapped the baby.
19. LaMarca had planned the kidnapping for some time.
20. The execution of LaMarca was in 1956.