SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#11]
#12 ( EN_L2_046 )
#13 ( EN_L2_047 )
#14 ( EN_L2_048 )
#15 ( EN_L2_049 )
#16 ( EN_L2_MOD )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. The sex of a soldier was most often discovered by …
a) recruitment officers
b) military doctors
c) fellow soldiers
2. Cathy Williams had to leave the army because …
a) her sex was discovered
b) she had health problems
c) she was demobilized
3. When fellow soldiers learnt about Jannie Hodgers’ identity, they …
a) wanted to send her to a mental hospital
b) asked the authorities to stop her pension
c) defended her from unfair treatment
4. During World War II in America, …
a) women were encouraged to be more masculine
b) little emphasis was put on women’s looks
c) women were expected to stay feminine
5. General MacArthur …
a) objected to women serving in the army
b) said women were less disciplined soldiers
c) appreciated women’s role in the military
6. After World War II, some female pilots …
a) continued their military career
b) worked for civilian airlines
c) received a military pension
7. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker got the Medal of Honor in …
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. The most interesting part of the speaker’s job is creating …
9. The centre at Fort Bragg doesn’t accept many trainees from …
10. Apart from a test in battlefield medicine, candidates have to take …
11. Participants have to take practical exams (how often?) …
12. Prolonged field care means looking after a patient for (how long?) …
13. In Iraq, the speaker’s life was saved by a medic from …
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. The 'Five Powers' Agreement is designed to protect Malaysia and Singapore.
15. The original 'Five Powers' Agreement was signed in 1965.
16. This year the United Kingdom sent a frigate for the exercise.
17. The commander of the Integrated Area Defence System is from Australia
18. The exercises involve personnel from all three services (army, navy, air force).
19. The headquarters is in Penang, Malaysia.
20. Australia sends the most military personnel to the exercise