SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#12]
#11 ( EN_L2_045 )
#13 ( EN_L2_047 )
#14 ( EN_L2_048 )
#15 ( EN_L2_049 )
#16 ( EN_L2_MOD )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. Before moving to London, Sam …
a) swam only occasionally
b) already swam regularly
c) never went swimming
2. The coach invited Sam to join the swimming club because …
a) he wanted him to train harder
b) he admired his determination
c) he considered him very talented
3. In contrast to the other club swimmers, Sam …
a) never took part in pool competitions
b) was physically better suited to race
c) was unsuccessful racing with others
4. The swimming camp in Greece was for …
a) swimmers getting ready for Channel swims
b) both beginners and experienced swimmers
c) experienced long-distance sea swimmers
5. Hearing the news, Sam’s mother …
a) expressed no surprise
b) showed disapproval
c) seemed astonished
6. Sam says that his summer training sessions were …
a) very tiring
7. Sam’s first attempt was a failure because of …
a) the low temperature of sea water
b) the pain he felt while swimming
c) tiredness after long swimming
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. The old basic training concentrated on tasks specific to …
9. The main goal of the new training is to increase …
10. At the end of the Red, White and Blue phases, soldiers have to …
11. The Blue Phase lasts …
12. In the White Phase soldiers have to complete: qualifying on weapons and …
13. In the Blue Phase soldiers have 6 hours to complete a 16K …
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. The West Point military fort was built by the Americans
15. The aim of the new defences was to stop the British Royal Navy.
16. The military academy in West Point was established in 1802.
17. The cadets study both military and civilian subjects.
18. American civilian candidates for cadets need a nomination from a politician.
19. Foreign cadets can live outside the academy campus.
20. Before Brig. Gen. Diana Holland, the commandant was a woman.