SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#15]
#11 ( EN_L2_045 )
#12 ( EN_L2_046 )
#13 ( EN_L2_047 )
#14 ( EN_L2_048 )
#16 ( EN_L2_MOD )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. Franciszek Kornicki earned money by …
a) helping less talented students
b) working as a coachman on a farm
c) cleaning local people’s houses
2. Kornicki found out about the mobilization …
a) during his family dinner
b) at a graduation ceremony
c) while he was on vacation
3. Kornicki left Poland …
a) by ship
b) by plane
c) by train
4. He achieved his greatest career success …
a) in 303 squadron in the Battle of Britain
b) at the time of his posting to 317 squadron
c) as the commanding officer of 308 squadron
5. He came back to flying …
a) thanks to high qualifications he received at college
b) when he saw an advertisement for experienced pilots
c) after he got a promotion to squadron leader in Malta
6. He had a chance to be in a Spitfire again …
a) at the opening ceremony of the Polish Museum
b) during the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain
c) when he was promoted to the rank of colonel
7. The Polish media widely reported that Kornicki …
a) received the Order of Virtuti Militari
b) was awarded the Gold Medal of Merit
c) won a contest held by the RAF Museum
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. If you lose your ID card, you should first report it to …
9. Before returning home, you should give the ID card back to …
10. Nametags and rank insignia must be worn on your …
11. Information about any damage in rooms should be given to …
12. The “DO NOT DISTURB” sign should not be used for longer than …
13. The school does not help students to …
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. Six diplomats hid in the American embassy.
15. The Americans pretended to be Canadian filmmakers.
16. Theresa Harris was one of the diplomats.
17. Mendez went to Tehran to boost the diplomats’ confidence.
18. The immigration guard asked Cora Lijek about the screenplay.
19. The immigration guard took a long break to have some tea.
20. Mendez received the Intelligence Star in 1999.