SŁUCHANIE 2 EN [#16]
#11 ( EN_L2_045 )
#12 ( EN_L2_046 )
#13 ( EN_L2_047 )
#14 ( EN_L2_048 )
#15 ( EN_L2_049 )
Listen and choose the best answer a), b) or c). You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task One.
1. Gerald Barnes looks like ...
a) a doctor
b) a skillful cheat
c) a successful man
2. Barnes ...
a) directed a Los Angeles clinic
b) got arrested but didn't go to jail
c) was unmasked company managers
3. Barnes feels guilty that he ...
a) broke off contact with his family
b) didn't tell his family the truth
c) wasn't good enough as a doctor
4. As a young boy, Barnes dreamed of becoming ...
a) an actor
b) a doctor
c) a pharmacist
5. As a pharmacist Barnes ...
a) sold medicines people didn't need
b) sold some medicines illegally
c) charged too much for medicines
6. Barnes managed to ...
a) falsify a medical license
b) receive a false diploma
c) get authentic documents
7. Barnes feels most angry because ...
a) he took a wrong medical decision
b) his trickery was discovered
c) he hadn't gone to medical shool
Listen and complete the notes by putting short phrases into the gaps. There will now be a pause of 40 seconds for you to look through the notes.
8. The operation starts on ...
9. In the trucks, someone may smuggle ...
10. The convoy must stop if you use ...
11. At illegal checkpoints local people want ...
12. If there is an attack, the patrol must not ...
13. In Bahraya, you should first contact ...
Listen and circle T for true or F for false. You now have one minute to look through the questions for Task Three.
14. The name Memphis is the result of Jackson's interest in Egypt.
15. In 1892 transport in Memphis was improved.
16. Martin Luther King was killed during the opening of the museum.
17. W.C. Handy created the blues music.
18. At the end of his career Elvis Presley returned to Memphis.
19. Visitors need to go to the hotel's top floor to admire the birds.
20. The presenter invites listeners to taste traditional Memphis food in Beale Street.